Automobiles are integral parts of peoples’ lives as it has eased peoples’ life. But, the recent studies show that each year almost 35,000 people are involved in motor collisions as a result around 49,000 people are injured and 482 people dead. Moreover, pregnant women and unborn babies are more prone to risk in vehicle collisions. If, you have become a victim of a car accident while your pregnancy, you can get the best advice from a Personal Injury Lawyers Toronto for obtaining your deserving compensation.
How much risky is the accident for pregnant women?
The Canadian Medical Association Journal recently studied on motor vehicle accidents. According to them, pregnant women, especially those who are in their second trimester of pregnancy have a greater risk of being involved in an automobile accident. This research did not mention the exact reason behind such why the pregnant women and their unborn babies are more prone to risk in vehicle collisions, however, they stated that fatigue, nausea and stress might be experienced in motor vehicle collision by the pregnant women.
You can reduce the risk of having an accident during your pregnancy by following the below mentioned safety tips:
- Keep watching other vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians while driving
- Always obey traffic rules like stop signs and other traffic control signs
- Avoid using mobile phones and other stuff that distract you while driving
- Always wear a seatbelt
- Car Airbags should remain activated
What Issues may arise when a personal injury victim is pregnant?
- Car accident or other type of mishap may cause severe injury to the fetus even when the mother does not exhibit outward signs of injury.
- Even the X-rays, CT scans and other diagnostic testing methods do not show the harm that has caused to the unborn child during the accident. Thus, it may affect your compensation claim.
In such cases, it is a good idea to put a delay your settlement in a personal injury claim until the delivery. Because, you may get to know how many injury your baby has got and how much compensation you may need.
Seek help from a Personal Injury Lawyers Toronto
You should take help from an experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Toronto if you have become a victim of a car accident while pregnancy. Only an experienced lawyer can help you in representing your case against the other party and you can get your deserving compensation without any headache.